HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!
A little bit late, now that its half way through January already!
Have you made a new year intention to start yoga? Re-start yoga? Practice yoga regularly? Practice more yoga? To help make this an affordable reality, so you can keep going all year, we offer at our Richmond centre:
- Beginners Course starting Thursday 13 Feb, 7.30pm details > here
- Discount Class Passes ( > here ) that can be used at all casual classes
- Community Class every Monday 10am for just $5
Even though our costs have increased, the term sessions at Doncaster, Ivanhoe & Pascoe Vale prices have remained the same!
While the reasons for practicing yoga vary, one thing for sure is that it has an accumulative effect, its not a quick fix. A regular practice, however that looks for you, is ideal. If you've lapsed, don't worry, each new day offers the same opportunity for a fresh start. Keep going, its worth it because the benefits are all encompassing for our total health & wellbeing.
When we talk about YOGA we mean we are practicing
- ASANAS (the physical postures / exercises)
- PRANAYAM (breathing exercises)
Yoga is much more that even this, but these 4 practices are included in our classes and generally what we have in mind when we talk about practicing Yoga.
Here are a few benefits from my personal experience a Regular Yoga Practice will bring...
1. Increase Strength & Flexibility
1.a. in our body - To think you cannot start yoga because you are not flexible is a good reason to start! Become more flexibile, strong and …
- reduce tension
- better posture
- increase blood circulation,
- improve muscle health,
- improve joint integrity,
- oxygenate & nourish the cells in our body
- support detoxification
- balance blood pressure
- vibrant energy
- improve digestion & nutrition assimilation
- increase immunity
1.b. in our mind – yes, a regular yoga practice has a subtle but potent influence on our mind & emotions. The development of a relaxed, clear, open mind with awareness changes the quality of our life like …
- Better problem solving
- Self acceptance
- less worrying – capacity to more comfortably go with the flow. Also the capacity to view things from a bigger picture perspective.
- increased creativity
- happy for no good reason
- improved relationships with your self and others
- problems transform to challenges
- improved concentration & memory
- openness to learning and possibilities
Experience this wonderful practice yourself. Join our classes or courses.
And we wish you a wonderful 2014!